TODAY I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL
Activities in the Navarino Bay area
No matter how long you stay in the Navarino area of Pylos and Gialova, definitely something outstanding will excite you.
There are a lot of activities to do in the area.
Guided and un-guided.
During your stay, you can visit a number of sights and archeological sites. Messinia has a rich history which is captured in every part of it in the most intense way.
So combine the moments of carefree and relaxation with the visit to archeological sites and discover the history of this place in the most vivid way.
You should not miss to visit the castle of Pylos (Neokastro), the palaces of Nestor (15 km), the castles of Methoni (20 km) of Koroni (48 km) and the capital of Kalamata (50 km) as well as the Antonopouleio Archaeological museum and the square of three Admirals in Pylos.
Finally, one of the most common excursions is the waterfalls of Polylimni (23 km), a landscape of exceptional beauty, with many small waterfalls and lakes with icy clear waters where you can swim.
- More things to do and visitThe olive trees, harvest en Extra Virgin Olive Oil The Koroneiki is the best olive for healthy olive oil and it is abundant in the Gialova Messinia area. Buy fresh fish from a fisherman at the harbor of Pylos If you wake up early, you can buy fresh fish at the harbor of Pylos Waterfalls […]
- Hiking trip to Paleokastro guided by the Navarino ParkrangerIn this one hiking trip you will visit many interesting sites of the Navarino bay area. You will learn more about the 5000 years of history and mythology of the area. You will see golden beach, the path past the lagoon, the dunes, voidokilia beach, Nestor’s Cave and Paliokastro. The Parkranger will pick you up […]
- Visit Sphacteria island by boatSPHACTERIA – Sphagia (Σφακτηρία) NAVARINO Bay Facing with Pylos city and closing Navarino Bay, the island of Sphacteria (also called Sphagia) is a huge natural barrier against the strong winds in the Ionian Sea and thus protects the Gulf of Pylos. Only two narrow passages permit access in to the bay: – in the south […]
- Wine Tasting at a Greek vineyard ‘Domaine Dereskos”An unforgetable experience is the famous wine tasting tour to Domaine Dereskos. A small Greek wine farmer with the charme of George Clooney. We will visit the local wine farm in the Gargaliani area. You will learn the winemaking process and you will taste several wines and have the possibility to purchase wine straight […]
- Play Golf at Costa NavarinoCOSTA NAVARINO is a world class golf destination. Enjoy a round of golf at Greece’s first signature designed golf course… Designed by former US Masters champion and Ryder Cup Captain Bernhard Langer in association with European Golf Design, the par-72 seaside Dunes Course ventures into olive groves and along a small river, whilst links-style features […]
- Rent a Sailing boat with Captain & CrewGo Sailing with Captain Nikos. Watch the video for an impression. You can contact Nikos at +306944110469 North Sail Yachting.
- Fishing in the Navarino BayGo fishing with a fishing boat with captain and all equipment on board. You will have a great time. Max. 5 personsStart at 9 o’clockCatch and Cook!
- Visit Kalamaris & Stenosia WaterfallsReally nearby Gialova are the kalamaris waterfalls. It is a small hike, about 15 minutes to get to the waterfalls. From there, is a new path to hike to the Stenosia Waterfall. It is really worth the hike! Many valleys cut through the hills covered by olive groves and natural vegetation around Gialova, and some […]
- Visit Polylimnio WaterfallsIn the deep gullies of the ravine of the Mavri Limni (Black Lake) lies something very special. Polylimnio is a succession of tiered lakes. In a secluded setting lay 15 lakes, each a complete world in its own right, with its aquatic flora and fauna. With unusual names such as Black Lake, Little Heart, Italian, […]
- Body Clay bath at a secret beachWe will visit the Chapel of illias by 4×4 with an amazing view of the area. Then we will continue on a 10 minute hike to Glossa (secret) Beach where we do a total body Mud Wrapping bath. We scrub our skin and do a Guasha stone treatment in the neck and back.
- Bird watch in the Gialova lagoonThe wetlands of Gialova (Divari) are of particular ecological interest as a major stopover point for many migratory birds. Gialova lagoon is a real bird paradise: more than 270 species of birds have been counted there by the Hellenic Ornithological Society – the Greek partner of Birdlife International. Thousands of birds flying to Africa in […]
- Boot Tour & Snorkeling Navarino BayWe meet at Gialova Beach and make a boat tour to the 5 memory sites in the Navarino Bay. We go snorkeling on several places to watch the underwater nature. Beside its unique beauty the bay is known as place of the battle of Navarino fought on October 20th 1827 during the Greek war of […]
- Private Pizza Party with Italian chefPIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA! Evening event with friends, family, kids or total strangers. You will taste about 10 Pizza’s from Italian chef Patricio baked in a wood fired oven in the olive garden. Depending on the season, we leave at 7 o’clock from Gialova to the Pizza Party location. We park our car at a private […]
- VISIT PROTI ISLAND BY BOATFamilies with children, groups of young people, but also several divers who attend diving lessons, visit the small beach of Vourlias, which is located in a quiet cove with crystal clear waters in the northern part of the island. At that point, hikers have the opportunity just a few meters from the beach, to see a […]